Wednesday, September 16, 2015

SAQA Benefit Auction

Yes, it's that time of the year again.  Time for the SAQA Benefit online auction where you can bid on and win some fabulous pieces of small art. All the pieces are 12 inches square and you can read all about how the bidding works here. My piece, in Section 1, is up on the starting day, September 18. The bidding on each section runs for 6 days with the prices going down each day.

  I always send my piece in to have it photographed by the people in charge and they always do a great job.  However, this year I was quite disappointed in the photography. The colors are very washed out and details are lost, so I am including my own photo here, which is a much better representation.

It's About Time


I use snow-dyed fabric as a base, then used stencils with Shiva Paint sticks.  Phrases were fused on then machine buttonhole stitched. I free-motion quilted around all the motifs and hand sewed watch parts on. 

There are hundreds of quilts up for auction, so please go check them out.  

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Fingers crossed it sells for a high price! It's lovely.