Monday, December 30, 2013

Red Jacket Progress

You may remember me talking about this jacket a while back.  I was hoping to have it finished for the Christmas season, but obviously that didn't happen.  I did manage to finish all those French knots during a binge TV session of The Big C.  I watched four whole seasons on two snowed-in days, but that's as far as I got.  I did sew the two back sections together and the fronts to the back.  Then Christmas festivities and house guests intervened.

Speaking of house guests, my sister was here from Long Island for a few days and my son, Kurt, and his girl friend, Katie, were here from Portland, OR.  It was great to have them here.  I do see my sister fairly often, but I do wish she lived closer. She drove home yesterday. I see my son and his sweetie just a couple times a year. Portland is much too far away. I drove them to the train station today which they were taking into NYC to spend some time and then take another train to the airport.

Tomorrow (New Year's Eve) and Wednesday (New Year's Day) I have no commitments.  I am going nowhere, which suits me just fine.  I will spend the time taking down all my Christmas decorations and putting all those Santas away for a nice long nap.

Then I will be free to work in my studio.  The first project in line will be to finish this jacket.  Although I have no place special to wear it, I will enter it into the Woman's Club Arts and Crafts competition in February.


Jacket front



Jacket back


French knot details
Now I have to add the collar, facings, sleeves and lining.  Wish me luck!  I'll show the results when finished.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

My goodness that is going to be one stunning jacket. Glad you had a nice Christmas with your family. Happy new year! Sarah

Linda M said...

The french knots are great and I love the fabric with the circles on it.
Happy New Year!