Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Green Smoothie





I've made this for lunch a few times recently and it really is delicious and so healthy.  Don't let the spinach ingredient put you off.  If you use fresh baby spinach, you can't taste it at all. I tried it once with frozen chopped spinach and it wasn't nearly as good.

1 6 oz. can unsweetened pineapple juice or apple juice
1/2 avocado cut in chunks
1 unpeeled apple, cored and cut in chunks
2 cups raw baby spinach

Put all in blender and puree until smooth. If too thick, add a little water.

Makes 2 servings

I have also made it with a very ripe banana instead of the avocado and that was very sweet and delicious, too.  You only taste the fruit.  You can also throw in some seedless green grapes or a pear. 

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Yum, Norma! I love fruit/veggie smoothies and this one looks especially good. I'll try it!