Sunday, July 10, 2011

Creative Every Day/Blue, Day 10

Why are so many of the things that we love to eat unhealthy or not good for us? You know what I mean....bacon cheeseburgers, chocolate chip cookies, deep fried anything, candy, cheesecake, etc., etc. Of course a little bit once in awhile won't kill you, but it's so rewarding when you find something that you love that is actually good for you. Like blueberries. And I do love blueberries! I eat them just about everyday. In the winter I eat frozen ones on my hot cereal every morning and now that they are in season I sometimes have them for breakfast and lunch. I recently learned that 1 tsp. of cinnamon has as many antioxidants as a cup of blueberries. So now I sprinkle cinnamon on my cereal and mix it in with my fat free yogurt or cottage cheese with my blueberries. Yumm! It tastes like dessert.

I know that I skipped a day, but I keep checking the other people signed up for this Creative Everyday/Blue and it seems that I'm the only one doing it. So maybe I'll give it a rest.

Today I went to buy PVC pipe for my shibori. I wanted 4" diameter. I could buy 2 foot lengths for $6.50, but I wanted several. A ten foot length was about $17. I asked if he could cut it for me and he could. I thought that he would put it on a machine and zip through it, but no, he cut it by hand with a saw. It took forever and I felt so guilty. I don't know if I was supposed to, but I slipped a tip into his apron pocket and thanked him profusely.

Now I'm off to do some pole wrapping. I will post the results of my dyeing, but it may be awhile. I have a very busy week coming up.

No comments: