Monday, July 6, 2009

Good News

You've seen this quilt before, but I just found out that it was juried into "Quilts: A World of Beauty" at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX. This quilt, made entirely out of my hand-dyed fabrics, was finished last year with the competition in mind and I was so annoyed with myself for missing the deadline. You can be sure that I entered early this year. Right now it is hanging over the couch in my family room where it looks very good and I will miss it when it's gone. Be sure to click on each picture to get a bigger view.





Detail of the quilting. I tried to do something different in each block, but I did have to repeat since I ran out of ideas for patterns.

6 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Oh Norma! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. This is a beautiful quilt and deserves to be in the show.

Johnni Schell said...

Congratulations, Norma! on getting your beautiful quilt juried into IQF! And oh what fun you added with the different quilting styles in each block.

Carole said...

Congratulations! Norma.. what excellent news, I am so happy for you!!
Your piece is beautiful and will definitely grace the show.

Sherryl said...

Congratulations Norma! I love the piece. I am thrilled that you got in.

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations! I love all the different machine quilting pieces. I was excited to receive a letter that my quilts were also selected to hang in the show. What a high!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you have a good enough reason to go to Houston to keep your quilt company! Fabulous!
Benedicte