Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rabbit beads

I finally got around to stringing those rabbit beads I bought in Houston last November. I took them to a nice bead shop in Ridgefield, CT, Sugarbeads, and bought a lot of other beads to go with them. I restrung it four different ways before I came up with an arrangement I liked. It's about 20 inches long. Photographing it on black velvet did not work, for some reason. I could not get a clear shot no matter what I did. White paper worked the best. Click on each picture for a closer view.



My original plan was to have the necklace be symmetrical with these two big rabbits in the center, but I found out the hard way that the guy on the left is slightly larger than the other and that threw off the whole symmetry.



The two barrel bunny beads looked good together on the other side of the necklace.



This is the center of the necklace, a vanilla turquoise.

No comments: