Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marco Island Show

In November '07 through January '08 I was in a Fiber Revolution show with this quilt, Fern Dance, at the Museum of the American Quilter's Society in Paducah, Kentucky.  It was seen by a board member of Marco Island's Center for the Arts  in Florida and I was invited to be part of a five woman show this January.  The show opens on January 2, with the opening on the 3rd and runs through February 11, 2009. 
I have a friend who winters in North Fort Myers who has invited me down before, so I took advantage of her hospitality and am going down for the weekend to be at the opening.  I have sent 7 quilts down, including the one above.  The show, called "Natural Women", will also feature work by  Cindy Friedman and Debbie Schwartsman, fellow Fiber Revolution members, Ricky Martin who does encaustic paintings and Claire Keery who does collage and assemblage. If you are going to be in the area, please visit. The hours are on their website.
I finally will get a chance to wear the new jacket that I showed here.



2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Congratulations Norma.
Unfortunately I'll miss the show as I arrive in central FL right before the show closes.
I'm so glad to hear you will be able to be present at the opening. It's so special to be there and bask in the limelight.
K

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

How wonderful Norma! Congratulations. Enjoy the warm weather and please say hi to Cindy for me.
Susan