Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Hoop Art

 I really missed my daily stitching that I did last year and was trying to come up with something else to do. While perusing Pinterest I came across a lot of embroidered letters.  In my studio in CT I have one wall in my sewing alcove that has several Ns hanging, wooden, metal, cloth, etc. I looked all over (I thought) but I couldn't find any patterns and couldn't even find an N to copy. So I borrowed ideas from an R that I saw. I have since found a vast supply of patterns on Etsy and have downloaded some.


I went to Youtube to see how to finish the back of my hoop art and found several different ways . This one was pretty easy, using a piece of felt cut to the size of the inner hoop and attaching it with a buttonhole stitch.




I am currently working on an R for my sister, Ruth. I sure wish I had baby to gift because I thought it would  be a nice one, but no babies in my life for now.


BTW I am not sure if my N is upside down or not. What do you think?

2 comments:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Norma, I love your "N" and your "R". They look really great. I also like the way that you finished your hoop. I've never seen it backstitched before and it looks really professional.

Rebecca said...

I was nearly convinced you had it right-side up when I noticed the little serif on the bottom (as it is) right. It looks like it should be on top. The extended serif on the other leg also looks like an upper.

JMHO and it's probably too late to change it without bother, but you asked.

Your daily stitching inspired me to get a calendar template (I think you have it, too) and start stitching...more (not daily).