Thursday, April 15, 2021

Daily stitching and more rock art

 I had a pretty productive week, managing to do a square a day and work on my fabric book. I got some inspiration from Pinterest and learned a couple of new-to-me stitches. I found a person that I really like on Youtube, Mary Corbett. Her instructions are excellent and she walks you thru the stitch step by step.


These first three were inspired by Pinterest..



I liked the little tridents around the edge, so I did it again.



New-to-me stitch, Herringbone. Trouble with spacing, as usual.

Double Herringbone. Interesting because there is weaving involved, but not good to do in a small circle. I tried several times and gave up and deemed as a stitch that is better in a straight line.

More Double Herringbone. This reminded me of the Polly Flinders smocked dresses from days of yore.



 Another new stitch for me, Wheat Ear. I liked its simplicity and how easily it went around the circle, even small ones. 

I still enjoy seeing the rock art as I take my morning walks. I don't know who does them, but they seem to be in the same style, using bright colors and lots of dots. I thought that this new alligator was very cute. Check out the detail on his face. Hard to see, but there is a tongue sticking out. 







We noticed that there were no turtles, so Ruthie and Claire decided to do one. Isn't he cute? We have searched for good rocks, not always easy to find the right size. They have another one planned and I'll show it next week.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! Your circles just keep getting better and better!