I saturated a piece of white cotton with diluted acrylic medium then placed the copy of the picture (thinner paper) on top and saturated that. I let it dry overnight and cut it out the next day.
I had to make a very large face, bigger than any of my others, to cover all the print in the center of the slice. Actually I had cut it away, leaving a big hole. I used my favorite Dupioni silk and embroidered the face with free-motion machine satin stitching and went around the edges with machine buttonhole stitch.
I went over the edges with hand stitching, using three strands of embroidery floss and then made French knots around the outside.
Considering that I was dreading doing this one, it has turned out to be one of my favorites. I think he looks like an Egyptian sun god. I looked up Ra, the real Egyptian sun god and he looks nothing like mine, but I like him anyway.
I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.