Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A New Book

Last year I received an email from Joen Wolfrom saying that she had seen two of my quilts on my website that she would like to include in her new book to be released in 2011. Was I interested? Of course I jumped at the chance, knowing that she is the author of twelve other quilts books, all of them excellent. My autographed copy came the other day and I was not disappointed. It is a beauty!


She uses 153 quilts made by quilters and fiber artists from around the world to demonstrate the Elements and Principals of design. You will recognize a lot of the names and I was honored to be in such illustrious company. Each quilt illustrates one or more of these Elements or Principals.

Here on page 97 she uses my quilt, Fiesta, to illustrate Repetition, Rhythm and Harmony.


And here on page 48, she uses my Blue Ginkgoes to show a Complementary Color Plan.

Joen also writes a fabulous blog, in which she recently went through the color wheel, illustrating each color with the most amazing nature photographs that she has taken. Scroll back a little to see them all. It's worth the effort.

To read a much more thorough and complete review of the book, please go to Dara Williamson's blog, See How We Sew.

6 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Norma, congratulations on having your work in Joen's latest book! I have to brag about having two pieces in her book Color Play. She has been an inspiration ever since I met her in a class several years ago. Her books and her fabulous photography are top-notch. I follow her blog, as well as yours, so I got your happy news.
Martha Ginn

Melanie said...

woo-hoo! Congratulations!!!

Sue said...

And to think I knew you before you became so famous. Congratulations !! Well deserved. Thx for the link to her blog........her photography is stunning.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Norma. That's exciting!

Vivien Zepf said...

That is SO SO cool and very well deserved. I'm tickled I get to say I know you!