Monday, February 14, 2011

Beautiful Snirt

I walk for an hour every morning, weather permitting, in my development. There are enormous piles of snow that have been plowed. After the plowing the bobcats came by many times and added more snow and made them even higher. They were quite impressive and stayed white for many days. But now there has been a little melting and they are gray and dirty. Dirty snow, AKA "snirt" or should it be "dow"? No, I like "snirt " better. Anyway, I thought they had interesting structure, so I took many pictures and them took them into Photoshop Elements and played with the color.




10 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Great snirt! Now will they become the basis for quilts? Or quirts?

Norma Schlager said...

Very funny, Morna! They may be the basis for a "quirt". I thought they might be fun printed onto fabric and then go from there.
Can't wait to see your goodies on Friday.

Rachel said...

Too cool, Norma!

Gisela Towner said...

Prettiest snow I've ever seen! Wouldn't it be cool if it snowed in color?

Melanie said...

what a gift you have for finding beauty (and potential beauty)in unusual places.

Vivien Zepf said...

Absolutely and totally cool, Norma! What a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Fun.

Maxine Oliver said...

You have inspired me yet again...Norma..tomorrow I will go out and take some pictures of my snirt

Margie Kraft said...

Love your "snirt", what a clever way to color snow!

janice pd said...

Norma, I thought this was your own special snow dyes! Love it!