Monday, November 8, 2010

Redo

Here's another version of the quilt I showed in my last post. This time the stripes and squares are going in the correct direction. I chose the colors to go coordinate with the leaf/paper strip that I had. I just made final plans to spend the month of March in Arizona; maybe that had something to do with my color choices. I quilted this one differently, too. I did spirals on the brown fabric to blend with the circles in the fabric and pebbles in the gold silk Dupioni. I did parallel lines again in the orange silk, but this time on the diagonal.

I had it all quilted and trimmed and when I put it up on my design wall I noticed that the stripe is not perfectly parallel to the seam. Argh!!!! Why didn't I draw a placement line for the strip instead of just eyeing it. Do I want to spend anymore time on this? Is it worth it? If I decide it is, I can always cut off the orange triangle and sew on a new one to be correct.


A detail of the quilting and you can see a bit of that leaf/paper strip. I'm not sure which one I like better.

No comments: