Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wildflowers

I've visited my son many times in the five years that he's lived there, but have never been at this time of the year. He specifically wanted me to come to see the wildflowers in the Columbia River Gorge. We had a lovely long weekend with beautiful weather and the wild flowers did not disappoint. I would love to interpret this in fabric and thread, as I did for my Poppies quilt.


Or perhaps this one with Mt. Hood in the background.




A close-up of the flowers. The yellow ones are Yellow Balsam Root.



The blue are Lupine, different than the ones I'm used to in the NE, especially Maine, where they are taller and several different shades of blue, purple, pink and white. These were all very blue and very pretty.



This shot gives an idea of how windy it was in this location. You may click on any picture for a bigger view.

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

It looks beautiful; what a great time of year to visit! Can't wait to see your interpretation of all the flowers and colors.